Vegan Wild Garlic Recipe
Wild garlic is literally my most favourite ingredient this time of year. Its growing season is so short that our fridge is always stocked up with a wild garlic pesto throughout spring. The pungent leaf is so versatile that it can be used to stir through a risotto, put in a salad or soup or simply popped in a toastie! My favourite way with wild garlic is - pesto. No contest.
This vegan wild garlic pesto recipe is so simple and yummy that all the family can enjoy it.
My wild garlic recipe is:
- nut free
- dairy free (yet tastes pretty cheesy!)
- uses minimal oil (which can be omitted altogether)
- is very versatile
- can be frozen.
You can use the pesto to dress up a simple salad, to stir in through pasta/veggie noodles or to spread it on to crusty bread and top with chopped tomatoes to make a bruschetta with a twist.
- 100g wild garlic leaves
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil (or substitute for more water for a slightly more sauce like consistency)
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- Salt and optional chilli flakes to taste
Blend all of the ingredients on a high-speed blender. Enjoy!