Vegan Chocolate & Maca Protein Shake
Sometimes I just want something chocolatey! Ever get that feeling?! I tend to feel like this particularly post workout where I crave something sweet, rich and filling. So I have been experimenting with various vegan protein powders and ingredients and I have to say this one is by far my favourite! Packed with healthy fats, added fibre, super-foods and maca. Anyone who knows me will know I am a huge fan of this adaptogen, from Peru, which improves energy, mood, and the bodies ability to deal with stressors.
This is my very chocolatey recipe which makes 1 generous portion:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use my homemade hazelnut milk or Rude Health coconut milk)
- 1 full scoop of protein powder (I use the Sunwarrior Organic Chocolate Blend)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp organic omega 3.6.9 blend
- 1 tsp organic beauty oil
- 1 tsp organic fibre belnd
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut/crushed hazelnuts to garnish and add a crunch (optional)
Blend all of the ingredients with a little ice. Enjoy!
I would love to hear how you get on with this recipe...